Latest News


European Solidarity Corps

European Solidarity Corps

The European Commission has published information on the participation of organisations in the European Solidarity Corps.

The European Solidarity Corps offers a variety of opportunities to both young people and organisations in relation to volunteering and occupation. It brings together two complementary strands: volunteering and occupational activities.

The volunteering strand offers young people the opportunity to carry out full-time voluntary service of between two and twelve months in another country. It builds on the European voluntary Service (which part of ERASMUS+) as well as other EU funding programmes.

The occupational strand will provide young people with the opportunity of a job, traineeship or apprenticeship in a wide range of sectors which are engaged in solidarity-related activities, and which need highly motivated and socially-minded young people. The occupational strand will be set up gradually through partnerships with public bodies, NGOs and commercial organisations active in these fields.

Different projects require people with different skills and experience, so organisations have the option to recruit European Solidarity Corps participants as volunteers, workers, apprentices or trainees.

Volunteers will not receive payment for the work they do, but they will receive other support depending on the EU programme funding the placement, such as generally return travel to and from the project, accommodation, meals, medical insurance and a small amount of spending money to cover their day-to-day living expenses.

Young people engaged through the Occupational part of the European Solidarity Corps for a job will have an employment contract and will be paid for the job they do in accordance with the respective national wage laws and collective agreements that are in force. They would normally be expected to cover their own day-to-day living expenses and accommodation from the payment they receive from their employer. They will be subject to the labour laws of the country in which they are working. You can get information about being employed in different EU countries from the Your Europe website.

Those engaged as apprentices or trainees will also have an employment contract, and normally a subsistence allowance is paid.

News archive »
resizedyouth_collage[2].jpg resizedRegister_Youth_Org.png resizedEquipment_for_Hire.png resizedVilla_Psaigon.png
Government of Malta
Website development by Abakus Solutions